problem with bind

Brian Ventura water at bighead.org
Mon Jun 5 15:59:54 UTC 2000

If it was working and now is not, check the log file to see if the
particular problem zone did not load.  Check the log files for other dns
errors.  From any machine you can use nslookup with no arguments to give
a command prompt.  Then you can change the server to the "mysterious"
broken DNS server and check it's responses.  Then check the responses
from other DNS servers.  Last, check whois for listed name servers and
check those servers.

- water at bighead.org
- World's Greatest Speler