Secondary with Granitecanyon

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Mon Jun 5 01:35:04 UTC 2000

% >The curious thing is that Network Solutions wants me to specify two name
% >servers for my domain.  Ok, one would expect before submitting a DNS change
% >to Network Solutions (and on to the root servers) that the name servers
% >should be up and running, right?
% >
%
% Should be, but don't have to be.  Network Solutions doesn't check to make
% sure that the specified name server actually has domain records for the
% domain in question.  If this were the case then there would be many fewer
% lame servers out there.
%
% Lee Howard

They used to, and good registrary folks still do.

--
--bill