VERY wierd cant lookup mx problem

Email Archive archive at securityinsight.com
Thu Jun 1 14:56:59 UTC 2000

Folks,

I have a dns server sges01.xpedite.com.sg that is having a wierd problem.
It is running bind 4.9.4-p1 on solaris 5.6. I am trying to do a lookup
of the mx records for db.com so we can send them some email but a mx query
fails with no response. I ran nslookup in d2 mode and verified that it
sends the request but times out. I can connect to any of their dns
servers on port 53 so I know it is not a connectivity problem. I can query
what their ns records are and A records as well but not mx records:( I
have tried several other providers dns servers and they are all capable of
looking up mx records for db.com. I thought it might be a tcp/udp thing so
I tried some lookups for other places that would have big mx records like
aol.com, msn.com, yahoo.com..etc and they all work fine. Its just to this
one place.. db.com. (of course my boss NEEDS email to this location).

Any ideas whats wrong?

Thanks for any help you can offer.. Mike