CNAME performance hits, named statistics recording

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Thu Jun 1 14:44:02 UTC 2000

What performance hits, if any, are there to utilizing CNAME records on big
production machines.  In particular, would this eventually be reflected in
evaluation figures provided by third parties, like Inverse.

I'm looking for some tools that might emulate the tests Inverse performs,
so that we can do our own verification and periodic health checks.

Finally, are there other tools that will grab the named statistics info
periodically and, perhaps, dump it into a database and create graphs or
other reports (a la MRTG, etc)?

Thanks.