How to install bind?

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Fri Jul 28 13:57:40 UTC 2000

"George xu" <george at ccec.com.cn> wrote:
>Hello all:
>  I has download bind and compile ,...,make install in Redhat6.0.
>And I can't found the /etc/named.boot and /etc/named.conf file in /etc directory.
>
>I don't do what next stup ?

The named.boot file is for BIND version 4; named.conf is for version 8.
These files are your configuration files for your DNS zones.  You have
to create one of them (depending upon which BIND you are running)
yourself.  There are ample samples in the archives of this list.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov