www.educ8r.net not resolving properly...

Darron Froese darron at froese.org
Sat Jul 22 02:33:34 UTC 2000

Howdy all,

I had an unexpected outage the other day that meant that I had to move a
website from one server to another. I ended up moving to a new server but
because of the kernel on that server I was not able to add an alias for the
old server IP address. I wasn't able to recompile the kernel at that time to
add that alias.

I had to change the name server record to point to the new IP address and
everything appeared to be OK at the time but today (two days later) - the
main web server address is failing to resolve.

It appears that the old name server records are being cached and are not
resolving properly.

Can anyone take a look to see whether or not <http://www.educ8r.net/>
resolves for them?

www.educ8r.net is a CNAME pointing to maul.educ8r.net which *was* at
209.91.88.210 and is now at 209.91.88.212 (which is normally known as
vader.educ8r.net)

Anything that you guys can see would really help me out here - I don't think
that I can really wait the week that would take to time out the old records.
(I've since turned down my expiry times on all the records.)

Is there any way to flush out the old addresses?
--
Darron
darron at froese.org
<http://darron.froese.org/>