strange error when receiving NOTIFY

Rob Egan rob at artistdirect.com
Thu Jul 20 20:21:07 UTC 2000

I'm only saying they're correct because they match entries that we have for
hundreds of other domains that don't experience this error. But since I
can't explain the error and everyone agrees it has to be a conf error,
here's the truncated named.conf files (sorry I was lazy in my first
posting):

In the below text, I changed the domain in question to "mydomain.com" and I
changed the primary IP address to 1.2.3.4 and secondary to 5.6.7.8. Other
info about the servers, they run BIND 8.2.2-p5 over Linux (RedHat 6.2). The
are configured to run as a non-root user in a chrooted filesystem. And,if
you do a "whois mydomain.com" the correct nameservers come up.

Can anybody see any errors, or options that I may have left out?
anks!   -Rob

Primary server's named.conf
---------------------------
options {