w2k dns setup in mix unix environment

Robert Weber robert.weber at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jul 20 16:51:48 UTC 2000

At the university of Colorado here, I set up one more extreme.  I made a
dynamic sub-domain ad.Colorado.EDU.  Managed from an external hosts database
tool and accepting SRV updates from w2k PDC's.  This allows us to maintain
our solaris/bind structure without sacrificing any w2k functionality.

I have also been told that option 1 is a working alternative but I wouldn't
put any faith in W2k dns.  Just turn off dynamic updates on the server and
disable w2k dns and everyone is happy.

						Robert Weber
						Information Technology Services
						University of Colorado