AXFR

Tom Hudson tom.hudson at info-com.com
Thu Jul 20 12:21:45 UTC 2000

At 01:40 PM 7/20/00 +0200, Thomas Gilbert-Jespersen wrote:

>How do i allow AXFR i my bind ???
>
>Regards Gilbert

Without any specifics to work on I can't say if this is your problem, but...

I had a problem with our nameservers insisting on using IXFR shortly after we upgraded to bind 8.2.something.
Eventually I found that it was because I had the transfer-mode (one/many) set, I read through the docs and I couldn't find anything saying why this should cause it to use IXFR, especially given that it didn't make any difference which mode I set it to.
The fix was to not set the transfer-mode at all.

Hope this is of some help,

Thomas Hudson
Systems Administrator
Infocom (http://www.info-com.com)