Zone Top.. or..

Mark R. Nathan bind at nathan.net
Thu Jul 20 03:45:06 UTC 2000

I rebuilt my DNS and added a new HOST and DOMAIN.  I have an error in
my log that say " no NS RRs found at zone top " Which I am assuming
means that not all registrys have been updated and my DNS can not
resolve it yet.  Is that true?

I can nslookup on one machine and get a listing of the correct DNS
host but when I nslookup miramat.com on the BSD server I get a
'server failed'.

before I spend to much time on the wrong thing, is this a matter of
another 24 hours for all updates to complete or internal
configuration problem.  Listed my configure file below.

Thank you very much in advance!!  I hope to contribute like the rest
once I have my fill or trials and errors...

[[ named.conf]]  <<snip>>

options {
         directory "/etc/namedb";
};

zone "miramat.com" {
         type master;
         file "db.dns1";
};

zone "28.204.209.in-addr.arpa" {
         type master;
         file "db.209.204.28.46";
};

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" {
         type master;
         notify no;
         file "db.127.0.0";
};

zone "." {
         type hint;
         file "root.cache";
};
#
#
#
# Additional Domains below

zone "miraboo.com" {
         type master;
         file "db.miraboo";
};

zone "miraboogroup.com" {
         type master;
         file "db.miraboogroup";
};

<<snip>>

[[db.dns1]]

$TTL 86400
miramat.com.            IN SOA   dns1.miramat.com.  root.nathan.net.  (
                         2000041901      ; Serial
                         10800           ; Refresh
                         3600            ; Retry
                         604800          ; Expire
                         86400  )        ; Minimum

dns1                    IN  NS          dns1.miramat.com.
                         IN  A           209.204.28.46
                         IN  MX  10      mailhost.miramat.com.
localhost               IN  A           127.0.0.1
mailhost.miramat.com.   IN  A           209.204.28.46
ftp                     IN  A           209.204.28.46

    Mark R. Nathan                        http://www.miraboomusic.com
    Miraboo Group                   mailto:president at miraboomusic.com
    President                                  mailto:mark at nathan.net