Bind-2.2_P5

David R. Conrad David.Conrad at nominum.com
Thu Jul 20 00:48:27 UTC 2000

> > 1. Is there anything serious enough to warrent an upgrade on the Bind
> > version?
> Yes. It's dangerous in any DNS server that is reached from Internet.

I'm getting a bit tired of people stating this, particularly given how easy it
is to verify.

No, it is not.  From the CHANGELOG:

      --- 8.2.2-P5 released ---

 895.   [port]          minor NT build and documentation improvements.

 894.   [bug]           incorrect "key" statements in named.conf weren't
                        handled properly.

        --- 8.2.2-P4 released ---

 893.   [bug]           DNSSEC logic in bin/host broke -t any

 892.   [bug]           multiple SOA on AXFR bug

        --- 8.2.2-P3 released ---

The NXT bug _ONLY_ existed in 8.2, 8.2-P1, and 8.2.1.  It was fixed in 8.2.2.
Unfortunately, in our haste to get 8.2.2 out, a couple of other bugs were
created.

The multiple SOA bug was fixed by the folks at Redhat when they RPM'd
8.2.2-P3.

Rgds,
-drc