RE on RE: 1D ?

Jan Beers beers at dialogs.de
Wed Jul 19 11:48:16 UTC 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Jan Beers <beers at dialogs.de> writes:
> >
> >So, my question is: what is the 1D 's function, and would it be possible to
> >document this somewhere as well, for other people perhaps searching this info.
> >

>     In BIND 8, you can specify the TTL on records in formats other than
>     seconds.  E.g. 1D6H23M14S for 1 Day, 6 Hours, 23 Minutes 14 Seconds.
>
>     So the 1D is just the same as having a TTL of 86400.
>
>                                                     -Jeff

That is exactly what I expected it to be. Just couldn't get any evidence of
that from the included html help, or from one of the pages.
Although I wondered about it, other options are set there to make you type
less, and now the 1D is added.
Can I go along with the old files, without the 1D? or/and where do I put the
$TTL directive that was mentioned.

At least now a search for 1D in the mailing list brings this up :)

Jan