1D ?

Mathias Koerber mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
Wed Jul 19 11:29:07 UTC 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Jan Beers wrote:

| Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:09:40 +0200
| From: Jan Beers <beers at dialogs.de>
| To: bind-users at isc.org
| Subject: 1D ?
|

| Goodday to all.
|
| Now I noticed, that in the bind8 /var/named/127.0.0.zone file, the records are
| given with an "1D IN SOA", "1D IN NS", etc, while, on old files, and in the
| documents that come with the package, this 1D is not mentioned.
| I have searched the download page, the faq, the documents, the mailing list and
| several other links, but have until now not found the function of the 1D.

BIND8 understands the TTL also expressed in 'symbolic' format. In this case
1D is 1day = 86400 seconds.

I'm not sure whether there is a complete list of the syffixes. A look thru
the sources should tell you.

dig(1) understands (and prints) these in its newer versions too !

Mathias Koerber	  | Tel: +65 / 471 9820    |   mathias at staff.singnet.com.sg
SingNet NOC	  | Fax: +65 / 475 3273    |            mathias at koerber.org
Q'town Tel. Exch. | PGP: Keyid: 768/25E082BD, finger mathias at singnet.com.sg
2 Stirling Rd     |      1A 8B FC D4 93 F1 9A FC BD 98 A3 1A 0E 73 01 65
S'pore 148943     | Disclaimer: I speak only for myself
* Eifersucht ist eine Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden schafft *