RESOLVING .NET

Lawrence Chan webmaster at montevino.com
Wed Jul 19 07:42:55 UTC 2000

Hello,

We've used nslookup on 203.106.26.199 and it resolves to
'owns.modestos.net'.  Yet when we check 'modestos.net' against
Networksolutions' whois, it shows the name as being available for
registration.  What's going on?!  Isn't Networksolutions' registry
all-inclusive for .net anymore?  And which registry did my nslookup
queried to get 'owns.modestos.net' hostname?  And the IP 203.106.26.199
itself belongs to Kolej Damansara Utama in Malaysia, according to apnic.

Lawrence Chan
lchan at montevino.com