differences between "ndc /status" and syslog message

K.Ikeda k-ikeda at ka2.so-net.ne.jp
Sat Jul 15 03:57:02 UTC 2000

Hi all.

 I'm setting up my domain, and using bind-8.2.1 on RedHat Linux.
But domain name query does not work corectly. I check named status using
"ndc" command. It says "server IS NOT loading its configuration file".
But I check syslog output, it says "named[xxx]: Ready to answer queries"
and no error reported.I wrote configuration file(perhaps correctly) and put
those default directory(/etc/named.conf , /var/named/*).

What is happned?. Is anyone have experience like this?.

Thank you.