primary&secondary

Mark E. Drummond drummond-m at rmc.ca
Fri Jul 14 15:38:56 UTC 2000

Jim Reid wrote:

>     Sumith> Well.. I wanna know if its possible to run the primary and
>     Sumith> slave name servers on a single linux box.
>
> No. Well not without a lot of work to make that single linux box
> appear to be two computers. A name server cannot be master and slave

Very little work actually. Just set up a second virt interface and BIND
will bind to it on startup.

Mark Drummond|ICQ#19153754|mailto:mark.drummond at rmc.ca
UNIX System Administrator|Royal Military College of Canada
The Kingston Linux Users Group|http://signals.rmc.ca/klug/
Saving the World ... One CPU at a Time

Please excuse me if I am terse. I answer dozens of emails every day.