Arrowpoint and DNS (was: DNS source ports and RFC's

Ramin K ramin at badapple.net
Thu Jul 13 19:22:20 UTC 2000

Mathias,

         I'm using v3.10, latest build, on a CS-800. It does the UDP stuff=
=20
correctly as far passing the packet back using the virtual IP, but does not=
=20
rewrite the packet to have the correct "virtual port" since I have bind=20
running on several different ports. It instead passes back the packet=20
source from the virtual IP and actual port of 3001. I assume it would work=
=20
correctly if you were not changing the port and just trying to load balance=
=20
two machines running bind on port 53, but I had not tested that.

Ramin