Dumb question - DNS done by me or ISP

Steven M. Klass sklass at andigilog.com
Wed Jul 12 23:18:58 UTC 2000

At 06:14 PM 7/12/00 -0400, you wrote:

> >   ..?  Also, why when I type in nslookup on my dns box, do I get the prompt
> >
> > Default Server: bubba
> > Address: 0.0.0.0
>
>Because you don't have a nameserver directive in /etc/resolv.conf
>defining 127.0.0.1.  It means the same IN DNS ONLY.  If you want to
>"Say What You Mean" [as you always should], fix /etc/resolv.conf.

Here is my /etc/resolv.com

search andigilog.com
localhost 127.0.0.1

This is correct right?  I have named in a chrooted environment, but this
should still be in /etc/resolve.conf not /chroot/named/etc/resolve.conf.

The real problem here is that I can't seem to get qmail to run right.  I
keep getting a persistent CNAME lookup failure.  I am trying to resolve
this, but so far no luck.

Thanks so much

Steven M. Klass
Systems Administrator