problems trying to add new in-addr.arpa. zones

Gordon Grant gordong at babcockbrown.com
Wed Jul 12 16:48:06 UTC 2000

Hi,

I've trying to add to add two new in-addr.arpa. zones to an existing primary
nameserver.

I've created zone files for the new zones, and added them into the config
files.  I can't see a problem with the syntax in either.

However, when I reload the nameserver with either

   ndc> reload
or
   ndc> reconfig

the primary silently ignores the new zones.  Slave nameservers won't
transfer the new zones complaining that the primary isn't authoritative.
The corresponding forward-mapping zone loads and works properly.

What's missing?

Regards,

Gordon Grant