PTR error

Thomas Duterme thomas at madeforchina.com
Wed Jul 12 17:49:48 UTC 2000

Hi everyone,

I am using Mice and Men's DNS expert, which is a great tool to diagnose DNS
errors.  I have been able to fix all of my errors except for the following:

It claims that

"There is no PTR record for the hose grendel.madeforchina.com which has the
IP address 202.108.32.164"  AND
"There is no PTR record for the hose madeforchina.com which has the IP
address 202.108.32.165"

Below are my db records for madeforchina.com. and my revlookup record.  Can
anyone tell me what is wrong here and what I need to do to make sure my PTR
records are correct?  Plus, aside from using DNS expert, how could I have
checked with something like nslookup to see if I had an error.  Thanks for
the help...Thomas

********************

; BIND data file for local domain
;
@       IN      SOA     beast.madeforchina.com. hostmaster.madeforchina.com. (
                        2000071101      ; Serial- todays date + serial#
                          28000         ; Refresh
                           3600         ; Retry
                        2419200         ; Expire
                          10800 )       ; Default TTL
;
        IN      TXT     "madeforchina.com"
        IN      NS      beast.madeforchina.com.
        IN      NS      grendel.madeforchina.com.
        IN      MX      10 mail
        IN      MX      20 beast
        IN      A       202.108.32.165
www     IN      A       202.108.32.165
beast   IN      A       202.108.32.165
grendel IN      A       202.108.32.164
ftp     IN      A       202.108.32.165
mail    IN      A       202.108.32.165
ns2     IN      CNAME   grendel
ns1     IN      CNAME   beast

***************************************

and my reverse lookup:

***************************************
 ;
; BIND reverse data file for local domain
;
@       IN      SOA     beast.madeforchina.com. hostmaster.madeforchina.com. (
                        2000071201      ; seral- todays date + serial#
                         604800         ; Refresh
                          86400         ; Retry
                        2419200         ; Expire
                         604800 )       ; Default TTL
       IN       NS      beast.madeforchina.com.
       IN       NS      grendel.madeforchina.com.

166     IN      PTR     medusa.51go.com.
164     IN      PTR     grendel.madeforchina.com.
165     IN      PTR     madeforchina.com.