HELP - Doing a mailserver for static (but NOT leased) IP address!

Steven M. Klass sklass at andigilog.com
Mon Jul 10 22:50:36 UTC 2000

Hey all!

	I've got a problem.  I am trying to set up a mail server.  Simple huh.  I
think so, but I want to make sure.

Domain: Andigilog.com -> Earthlink does our DNS for us.
Current Mail Situation: Earthlink is doing mail for us.  I want to take
that over, since it's "so easy" and I think I can handle it.

Our Stuff:
Gateway / DNS / MailServer IP: 216.160.204.35 - Static IP (owned by uswest
- NOT dedicated for DNS purposes)

What I want is for qmail to be able to use my DNS for email.  I want to
provide DNS services for my company.  I eventually want to provide DNS
services for andigilog.com, but not yet.  I will get earthlink to place the
following line in thier DNS tables.

$ORIGIN andigilog.com.
@ MX 5 jdsl35.phnx.uswest.net.

OK, since I am new the DNS thing here is my files.  Please don't flame me
too bad!  I did manage to get this into a chrooted environment, so I'm not
that stupid;)  I guess my confusion is who am I?  andigilog.com or
jdsl35.phnx.uswest.net?  Can someone clear this up for me?  If you fix my
mistakes, please let me know why -> thanks so much

Later

Steven M. Klass

*************named.conf****************
options {
       directory "/var/named";
		query-source port 53;  #remove when shifted to firewall
};

zone "." {
	type hint;
	file "root.hints";