CNAME TRICK

Rick Gocher rgocher at coptalk.com
Mon Jul 10 15:37:11 UTC 2000

Hi All,

	I seem to be having some problems figuring out this cname trick thing..  I
have a website on a different class C than my DNS is primary for.  After
reading up on cname trick info I believe I have to add a line similar to,

0.1.227.199.in-addr.arpa.   IN CNAME   199.227.1.0.sampledomain.com.

but does it go in the forward zone file for sampledomain.com?

Then,

199.227.1.0.sampledomain.com.  IN PTR   hostname.sampledomain.com

Does this one go in the reverse zone file?

When I add these lines in I get outsidezone errors and I still can't do
reverse lookups on the domain.

Any help is appreciated,

Rick G