Web interface to domain name resolution

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Jul 7 20:02:55 UTC 2000

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 05:13:57AM +0000, shaddy_baddah at my-deja.com wrote:
> Does anyone know of a web interface for the purposes of domain name
> resolution? I am behind a firewall, and have no access to domain name
> services. I know that going to the iana can give you help regards
> network assignments and domain name assignments. But I need to use just
> plain name to address resolution, and I don't want to have to ask
> someone with access to a DNS to do it for me.

"Web interface"???

What exactly are you trying to do?  If you are totally isolated from
the Internet, you don't need DNS to the Internet, because you can't use
it.  OTOH, I am not aware of any firewall that doesn't have some DNS
proxy, or any router that is called a firewall that doesn't have a DNS
filter.

There are some network tools sites that have pages allowing you to do
resolution from their location.  I'm not sure that would gain you what
you want, though, whatever that might be.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B