Reverse problems

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Thu Jul 6 17:19:24 UTC 2000

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:11:54PM -0700, keith at mail.telestream.com wrote:
> Actually that's not the case here. We've had these /24's for nearly 4
> years and this is the first instance of this. They are authorative for the
> IP's and always have been. We control the files and put their name servers
> in the NS sections and they just slave the files from us.

Your servers may think they are authoritative.  But if Verio hasn't
delegated those IPs - and we have seen that they haven't even delegated
them correctly on their own servers! - then that information is never
seen to the rest of the world.

Which, IIRC, was the symptom that you had described.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B