Troll alert: was:

Andris Kalnozols andris at hpl.hp.com
Thu Jul 6 08:01:56 UTC 2000

> -On [20000705 09:19], Andris Kalnozols (andris at hpl.hp.com) wrote:
> >Verifying zone data for domain 'netpacq.com'.
> >Getting NS RRset...
> >Transferring zone.... (from 'NS1.NETPACQ.NET' [208.239.156.4])
> >Parsing zone data...  (NS BIND version: 8.2.2-P5)
>
> Just curious,
>
> this doesn't look like nslint or dnswalk to me.
>
> Can you tell me which program you used?

h2n -v netpacq.com

The 'h2n' program is still used here at HP Labs and works just fine
for us.  I threw in a zone-verification option during the course of
some major enhancements.  This function requires 'dig' and optionally
checks the authoritative status of nameservers via 'check_del'.  It
performs most of what 'dnswalk' does but generally runs a bit faster
and is more generous in its internal documentation.

You're welcome to try it out.

  ftp://butler.hpl.external.hp.com/pub/h2n/h2n.tar.gz

Andris