Cannot resolve some name

Fernando Ronci fernando at waycom.com.ar
Sun Jul 2 13:27:20 UTC 2000

Hi,

I've been using BIND 4.9.2 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.0 for some years
without any problems except that some time ago some weird things started
to happen with a couple of domains. For instance, it successfully
resolves www.yahoo.com until -for some unknown reason- the cache seems
to get bogus data *only* for www.yahoo.com and it isn't resolved
anymore. I fix it by killing named and restarting it. I have to do this
once or twice a day.

The other one: it always successfully resolves www.deja.com, however,
when I log into My Deja, it can't resolve x68.deja.com  How can it be?
It resolves some hosts of the deja.com zone and some not?

I tried querying other DNS servers with nslookup and all my queries
succeeded, so, I would think there is some issue with my DNS.
These problems are new as I've been using this BIND for some years
without this sort of problems.

I will appreciate if someone can shed some light on the issue.

Thank you.

Fernando Ronci
E-mail: fernando at waycom.com.ar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/