BIND and NIS

Amir sorvih1 at isdn.net.il
Sat Jul 1 00:46:25 UTC 2000

I don't think it's a dns problem... it's probable that you somehow
configured yourself to be a
nis client.. check the /etc/sysconfig/network , and see if you have an entry
there :
"NISDOMAIN=<something>"..
also , run ntsysv or tksysv , check that ypbind is not automatically started
on boot...
if it wont run , you wont get that error again..
but again , your config IS not correct (named.boot being bind4)...
so dont expect DNS to work just cause NIS is not working anymore :)
bye for now

- water at bighead.org
- World's Greatest Speler