List of named's syslog messages

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Sat Jan 29 01:56:44 UTC 2000

Kevin O'Neil, who I am proud to say once took a DNS class from me,
has just finished compiling a large list of named's most common error
and informational messages--you know, the ones you find in syslog--
as well as references to the pages in "DNS and BIND" on which the
messages are discussed, and links to postings to comp.protocols.dns.bind
that describe them.  I've augmented the entries just a little with
descriptions.

I've made the list available from the URL

http://www.acmebw.com/askmrdns/bind-messages.htm

It's not linked into the rest of the site yet, but you can bet your bottom
dollar we'll soon sport a link from our Mr. DNS page to this list.

Three cheers for Kevin!

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.