HPUX 11.0

Bill Larson wllarso at swcp.com
Fri Jan 28 17:29:24 UTC 2000

> Which version of Bind is available on HPUX 11.0 ?

HPUX 11.0, and HPUX 10.x for that matter come with an older version of
BIND.  HP has a BIND-4.9.7 patch available for 10.x and 11.0
(PHNE_14618 for HPUX 11.0), but obviously this is NOT BIND-8.

> I downloaded 8.1.2 and 8.2.2p5 but in the INSTALL file the Supported systems
> doesn't include HPUX 11.0

I am running 8.2.2-P3 on an HPUX 11.0 system quite well.  I had HP's
ANSI C compiler available, but gcc will also work.

It seems to me that it takes more time to download BIND-8 than it does
to build it.  Assuming that you have a C compiler available, simply
give it a try.  If you don't have a C compiler, then you definitely
have problems - get gcc.

Bill Larson (wllarso at swcp.com)