ndc start

Drizzt drizzt at drizztnet.net
Fri Jan 28 15:15:02 UTC 2000

Hi,

You need to start up named from the boot scripts. On rc.d boot style
systems, place a link in the rc3.d directory that points to the named script
which actually fires up the named daemon for you:

become root/superuser

cd /etc/init.d/rc3.d
ln -s ../init.d/named S55named

confirm this with:
ls -al S55named

hopefully you'll see:
S55named -> ../init.d/named

confirm that it's up after rebooting by either using nslookup, or by
checking your /var/log/messages for a succesfull startup of named.

John