Forwarders and cache

jade.roberts at srs.gov jade.roberts at srs.gov
Thu Jan 27 19:20:44 UTC 2000

I have a server set up with forwarders in a forward only mode.  Doesn't
this mean that the only NS records that my cache should know about are the
forwarders?  That doesn't seem to be the case.  My cache dump shows lots of
NS records - a sample of which is shown below.  Can some one also explain
the comments?  Thanks.

cisco   155801  IN      NS      NS1.cisco.com.  ;Cr=addtnl
home    151154  IN      NS      NS2.HOME.NET.   ;Cr=addtnl
1       41536   IN      NS      forwarders.doe.gov. ;Cr=auth
168     86400   IN      NS      internal.srs.gov.       ;Cl=4

Jade Roberts