On porting BIND 8.2 to OS/2

Peter Meerwald pmeerw at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Thu Jan 27 17:05:04 UTC 2000

Hi there,

>      We are working on porting BIND 8.x.x to OS/2. If anyone has worked on
> porting BIND 8.x.x to OS/2 please assist. Please give pointers to materials
> available on the web. Also what all tools are necessary to go through this
> project.

I did the BIND 4.9.x port for OS/2 - I guess a couple of patches has
made it into the BIND 8.2.x OS/2 port too...

Bjorn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> released the BIND 8.1.2 port available on
hobbes (including patched source), http://ftp-os2.nmsu.edu

do you plan to use the GCC/EMX compiler and libraries?
the EMX environment should make the port a lot easier, however you'll need
the separate syslog() stuff from hobbes and a work-around for setitimer()
routine

all your question about your project are very welcome!

regards,
Peter

Peter Meerwald                          pmeerw at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Schiesstandstr. 3                       seawood at very.priv.at
A-5061 Elsbethen / AUSTRIA
phone/fax +43-662-627509 (home)         phone +43-662-8044-6327 (office)
          +43-664-2444418 (mobile)