Windowz 2000 and DNS

Mark A Cinense macinen at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 26 20:59:12 UTC 2000

Greetings,

    Has anyone got Win2K running with active directory services running,
and doing dynamic DNS updates on a Unix NameServer running 8.2.2-P5?  I
have one setup on a test network, and on the namserver I put an
allow-update statement in the conf file.  I am however still getting a
message in the log file stating that the update was not allowed for the
server specified permissions to update.  I am closely working with
Windows server managers on this project, and they believe that is on my
side, which I do not mind being blamed if I am to be at fault.  If I am
at fault, what do I need to fix.  Any suggestions are very welcomed,
keep in mind that we are in a test network environment where Dynamic DNS
is allowed.  In the real environment it is not.  I did also I mention to
the Win Managers that maybe the PDC needed to be running DNS, and then
point to the Authoritative Nameserver for the updates to work.  Not sure
though...

thanks,

--
Mark A Cinense
Dept. 4613 / Laboratories Computing and Messaging Group