Some real newbie questions

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Wed Jan 26 21:12:08 UTC 2000

On Fri, Jan 14, 2000 at 05:13:25PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I just joined the list, and rather than ask a bunch of inane questions, I
> an wondering if there are FAQs I should read somewhere on getting started
> with the newer versions of BIND.  I have set up the 4.x versions on one of
> my servers, but I need to use the 8.x versions now do I can access some of
> the newer features.  Is there some documentation on setting up BIND 8 on the
> web somewhere?  Thanks!

The docs that come with it are pretty good, but mostly reference-style.
The third edition of DNS and BIND, by Albitz & Liu, from O'Reilly and
Associates, is what most people use as their baseline reference.

A FAQ died aborning.  Seeral of us wanted it done ... I may try to
resuscitate it.  In my copious free time.  (*sigh*)

> PS.  I noticed from some of the headers that some of this mail goes out to
> the newsgroup.  Is this always the case?  If so, I want to use a different
> email address for this list so that I don't get spam on this account.

Always.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B