bind / sendmail

Damon Haas haasd at hcsga.com
Wed Jan 26 02:49:28 UTC 2000

OK- I am now to linux, bind, and sendmail. I have followed the how to's. I
installed bind version 8.2.2. the problem that I am getting is that I can
receive e-mail fine from one domain (uswestmail.net) but when I test with
mail from hotmail.com I don't get ANYTHING in the mail log.  since sendmail
isn't getting any sort of connect it would lead me to think that this is a
DNS problem i.e.- hotmail is looking up my domain name and is getting an
invalid response back.   I get no DNS errors when I run the dlint program
except for the fact that I only have one server.  the only errors I get when
I start NDC is that it says I don't have TTL set and it is using SOA minimum
instead... I think that since I wrote minimum TTL this is not the problem
either.  any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damon Haas