HELP! Linking websites using DNS? HELP!!

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Mon Jan 24 09:39:09 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> bind-users Digest       Sun, 23 Jan 2000        Volume: 02  Issue: 022

> From: "mark Collino" <autiec at home.com>

> I have 2 websites with different domain names, and I need to link one to the
> other. So if someone enter the secondary domain it sends them to the primary
> location.  Someone told me that was done with the DNS?

You can use DNS to map both sites to the same IP address, but if you want
to redirect user agents from one site to another, you'll probably need to
use HTTP. RFC 2616 explains HTTP redirection, and your web server manual
should explain how to configure it.

Thor

--
My PGP public key is available on key servers - please use it!

Powerful, automated web hosting: <http://www.virtualis.com/vr/tkotteli/>