Need Help with Interpreting Response Header

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed Jan 19 05:28:34 UTC 2000

	It looks like byu.edu is an invalid zone which will cause a
	BIND 8 secondary to invalidate the zone.

	At a mimimum there are the following errors:

		visitor.byu.edu has CNAME and other data
		bcscluster.byu.edu points to self
		smart.byu.edu has CNAME and other data
		stlgate.byu.edu has CNAME and other data
		design.byu.edu points to self
		ias.byu.edu has CNAME and other data

	NS1.WESTNET.NET is not a nameserver for rn.byu.edu however
	the errors above cause it not to add the NS records to the
	response.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com