Reverse lookup problem

raymond_00 at hotmail.com raymond_00 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:58:25 UTC 2000

I have a question for anyone out there that might have an answer.
Whenever i try and do a reverse lookup for one of my class c from
another class c, it works for some, but not ALL the addresses.  The
reverse zone file is configured correctly, and locally the reverse
lookups work fine . . . remotely, however, the lookups work only some
of the times.  The real TWIST here is that when i do a reverse lookup
on an ip, it doesn't come up.  But when i STOP then START the named
back up again and attempt a reverse lookup on that same ip, it will
WORK!!!!  What's going on?  I'm sure it's a simple problem, but i can't
figure it out.

Cheers,

Raymond

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/