HELP! deleted dns but still working

Barry Margolin barmar at bbnplanet.com
Fri Jan 14 20:42:43 UTC 2000

In article <85o0r6$eai$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>,  <wolftalk at my-deja.com> wrote:
>Here is the problem.  I deleted a dns record so that I could reference
>it to another server.  for example.  mail.domain.com was on server .235
>which is also the dns server.   I am moving mail.domain.com to
>server .235  So I deleted the dns entried for mail.domain.com and I
>tried to access mail.ddomain.com and it still comes up.  It is almost
>like the entry is not gone from the dns.  Also,  the hardware I am
>using is Cobalt raq servers and the DNS is edited through the cobalt
>web admin.  I would appreciate any help

If your resolver is pointing to a server other than the one that you
modified, you're seeing the result of caching.  The record will go away
when the TTL expires.

Another possibility is that you didn't reload named after editing the db
file.

If you told us the real domain we could help you better, but with such
limited information we can only guess.  I've never heard of Cobalt raq.

Barry Margolin, barmar at bbnplanet.com