How do I set up B8 conf files so I can manage another domain/C Class

Robert Chalmers robert at chalmers.com.au
Fri Jan 14 06:36:19 UTC 2000

Thanks Barry, I thought it had to be easy. I've seen it - indeed done it
years ago. but havent had the need for a while, so lost track of the thing..

> Are you talking about routing or DNS now?  Either way, the /16 block was
> probably assigned by APNIC to your ISP, and they should take care of
> routing and DNS delegation.  The NIC has nothing to do with this level.

In this case, the 203.1.96.0-255 block is my own "C" Class block, and the
203.29.29.0-255 "C" Class block is an associate's block. They are not
assigned to an ISP, but to us. Years ago I might add :-). So they are
totally portable within Australia. We can connect through any carrier we
like, and take our numbers with us. Which is VERY convenient, given the
fluid nature of the net here in Oz.

Bu I know how to enable this bit now anyway. It all comes back to me.

Thanks for your help,
Bob