TTL of MX records

Cricket Liu cricket at acmebw.com
Fri Jan 14 06:18:06 UTC 2000

> *BUT* The Bind book (page  419) shows that the syntax for the MX record is
> 'owner class ttl MX preference exhange-dname' which is NOT what I had in
the
> zone file. Changing the records to the syntax above gives an error. So it
> looks like the book is wrong in that the syntax should be 'ttl class'.
> This also applies to the other record syntaxes in the book it seems.

No, only in that appendix.

I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll fix it for the next edition.

cricket

Acme Byte & Wire
cricket at acmebw.com
www.acmebw.com

Attend the next Internet Software Consortium/Acme Byte & Wire
DNS and BIND class!  See www.acmebw.com/training.htm for
the schedule and to register for upcoming classes.