Question

Alessandro Coppelli Alessandro.Coppelli at dsea.unipi.it
Thu Jan 13 09:34:48 UTC 2000

I'm the administrator of a C class network.

( where actually I have one a DNS server ( new Bind P5 ) )

I need for efficiency and security , to split my
network in four parts .
( I buying one switching layer 3 multiport )
In one of this part I would put the servers, and in the
other three parts all the clients.
I thought about two different solution to
obtain the same ( I hope ) result.
In the first I want to split  the net in four
subnet, in the second solution  I would use three net of a C class not
routable for the clients and for the fourth, the actual class, I would
put the servers.

What I want to know is:
how the configutation change in the
DNS server in each of the two solution ?

  Alessandro