Problems with BIND 8.2.2

Kenneth Gregersen kenneth.gregersen at sas.no
Mon Jan 10 12:25:18 UTC 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to compile and install BIND 8.2.2 on Solaris 2.6/SPARC, but
there seems to be some problems. I use all the default values, and after
the installation I try to run 'ndc'. The following errors appear:

ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): No such file or directory
ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/usr/local/etc/ndc)

When I look in /usr/local/etc/ I can see that the directory is empty. I
belive the following files should be present:

-rw-r--r--   1 root     other       4784 Oct 21 15:05 named.conf
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other          5 Jan  7 09:08 named.pid
srw-------   1 root     root           0 Jan  7 09:08 ndc

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Regards
Kenneth Gregersen