Help with Bind* on Solaris

Greg P. allen at stdio.com
Sat Jan 8 19:40:04 UTC 2000

On 7 Jan 2000 15:56:40 -0800, Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:

>	First thing I would do is check that syslogd is running and
>	configured to send daemon messages to /var/adm/messages.  You
>	can test this with logger.

This was not a problem with syslogd. Something interesting I noticed
was that when I converted named.conf to the old BIND 4 format and ran
the older copy of BIND 4 that comes with Solaris 2.6 it started up
just fine. This narrows it down for me to either A.)A problem I am
missing in my named.conf file or B.)A problem with the binary I
compiled.

Thanks,

G. Allen Perry