Problems transferring zones to ISP's secondary

erik.andersen at lasat.com erik.andersen at lasat.com
Fri Jan 7 14:43:42 UTC 2000

"Tindall, Mark" <MTindall at Derwent.co.uk> on 07-01-2000 14:39:35

To:   "'bind-users at isc.org'" <bind-users at isc.org>
cc:    (bcc: Erik Sørup Andersen/INT)

Subject:  Problems transferring zones to ISP's secondary

-------------- next part --------------

Hello,

we currently have the control of two domains - derwent.co.uk and
www.derwent-discovery.com - which are both registered with our DNS server as
the primary and our ISP's as the secondary. The derwent.co.uk domain is
transferring it's zones across to our ISP's with no problems and we can
query their servers successfully. The derwent-discovery.com domain on the
other hand is not transferring at all. The zone files for both of the
domain's exist on our primary DNA server so I know there is no problem with
the connection. I have tried setting up temporary internal DNA servers and
running zone transfers for both domains, with success for the derwent.co.uk
domain but nothing for the derwent-discovery.com domain. This indicates a
problems with the zone files but I cannot see where they are. I have
attached the named.conf file and the zone file which are used to this
message. Any help that someone could give me with this problem would me much
appreciated.

 <<Untitled>>  <<Untitled>>

Mark Tindall
System Analyst
Derwent Information Ltd.
Tel: 0171 424 2093
Fax: 0171 344 2815
Email: mtindall at derwent.co.uk

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- Desc: Untitled