what exactly is the zone name used for?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri Jan 7 01:47:57 UTC 2000

Okay, you got me. I wrongly assumed you meant mixing different data for
different zones in the same file. Sure, you can have named read the same zone
file repeatedly and make cookie-cutter versions of different zones from it.
Doesn't save any memory resources, though, since named still treats each RR as
unique.

- Kevin