Responsible Person

Alex Miller bind-users at bannerclub.com
Thu Jan 6 21:21:42 UTC 2000

Is using an RP record a responsible act?

I am not able to see those records using WSPING
a windows product that let's me look at the zone.

If I attempt to retrieve a zone that uses an RP
record WSPING crashes, without that record
it doesn't crash.

Here is my RP record with TXT record
cybergood.net.             1D IN RP        hostmaster.cybergood.net.
hostmaster.cybergood.net.
hostmaster.cybergood.net.  1D IN TXT  "Alex Miller, really great guy"

hostmaster at cybergood.net is a real email address,
the apparently repeated hostmaster.cybergood.net is because
of the format of the RP line.

Do any of you have zones with RP's that I can look at?
Is there a developing consensus how to use it properly?

Alex Miller