Looking for RFC

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Jan 6 21:13:51 UTC 2000

Be that as it may, a machine can have a "hostname" without being connected to
*any* network. Or I could give a "hostname" to my dog. I'm just trying to point
out that there are limits to what the RFC's can reasonably cover. For instance,
we still have a few SNA-only networks, and the admins probably don't know -- or
need to know -- what "RFC" even stands for. (Not that I'm any kind of fan of
SNA, mind you).

- Kevin