ndc status/start ?

Takács István istvan.takacs at szerencsejatek.hu
Wed Jan 5 12:51:31 UTC 2000

Hi,

I think named is not for me. It's just too
difficult for me to understand its problems... :(

I compiled it smoothly on a Solaris 2.6 box,
but I can't start it.

# ndc status
ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): Not a directory
ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel (/usr/local/etc/ndc)

What does it mean?
If I start it manually, then it writes:

# ndc start
can't open '/usr/local/etc/named.conf'
ndc: error: could not start new name server (/usr/local/sbin/named)

I've copied the named.conf to /etc, and after this error
message into the /usr/local/etc directory, too.
So, I don't understand what is its problem...

Thanks in advance!

Regars,

		Istvan