Lame server

Mark.Andrews at iengines.com Mark.Andrews at iengines.com
Wed Jan 5 00:28:37 UTC 2000

> Hi all,   I have just finished configuring my new dns setup and named starts
> without any errors.  However when I type nslookup there is a pause before my
> primary name server fails (my host) and it then grabs my secondary which work
> s.  After nslookup fails it puts this error in my messages log...
> "Jan  4 23:19:43 arrow named[376]: Lame server on '1.130.23.216.in-addr.arpa'
>  (in '130.23.216.in-addr.arpa'?):"
>
> I thought it meant a typo in my reverse zone but if I type nslookup then serv
> er 216.23.130.1  it works.
>

> Rick

	Nslookup tried to perform a reverse lookup on the server's address
	(216.23.130.1) when it starts up.  Now both the servers for
	130.23.216.in-addr.arpa (NS1.CLUBEURO.COM, NS2.CLUBEURO.COM)
	are lame which means this lookup will fail and nslookup will
	skip this server.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc. / Internet Software Consortium
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at iengines.com